Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Rain Come Down

So I really should be studying for tomorrow's 7:30 a.m. midterm in my psych class... or I could update my blog.

Today I made a huge decision. Actually, it was the first major decision that was pretty much made for me. Thank God. To Him be the glory for providing for what has been eating me up for the past few weeks: whether to stay in Colorado or go home to Virginia for my education program.

You see, when I went home for that wedding (from a few posts down) something within me stirred relentlessly. I felt pulled back to the place I'd left two years ago this past August. It has changed a great deal along with the people in it, but Virginia will always be where my roots are planted. I feel connected to a time now removed. Childhood, high school, college, family times all shared with a whole lot of love.

And yet... with the help of a dear boyfriend and a best friend, I've realized the wealth of love at my fingertips here amidst such Rocky Mountain splendor. These two special people in my life have once again reminded me of who I am, what patience I need to have with myself, and what love I have for them in my life.



Two weeks ago today I decided to gather up the tatters of my faith and lay them at the feet of my God. I told Him I would seek His and no one else's opinion on what I was supposed to do - where I was supposed to go after this fall semester. Every morning I rose two hours before I needed to be at one of the jobs or school and I prayed. I journeled, I read, I studied His word, I even read through my father's old journals from when he was my age to feel a connectedness to his fatherly wisdom and experience. His pages further pointed me to our Lord. It was a wonderful process. Each day I thought on my devotions time and again. Time and again I felt the anxiety which has plagued me for three years now drip off my back like rainwater fleeing from the sun. I laughed at the ironies I'd see throughout the day. Twice now, my first customer at Crate & Barrel on Mondays has been named Virginia. Last week I picked up a Colorado quarter on the ground. Little things, sure, but with repetition they become funny "signs" and I know He's a God of humor. Rain come down...

At any rate, I thought my mind was made up. I felt pulled to Virginia and certain I would leave sometime in the spring to make the daunting cross-country move once more. Funny how we think we know it all. Today I was quickly informed by the VA school that I am not considered a Virginia resident. I won't be unless I have a year's worth of tax claims, state driver's license, and license plates from a Virginia address. Nice. There's no way I'm paying $750/credit for out-of-state tuition in my home state. So, Colorado, I hope you like me because you're going to be seeing a lot more of me yet.

CUDenver here I come...

1 comment:

Megan said...

I couldn't be more proud of you Joy Boy. My cup runneth over...