Yep, this is what it looks like out my window. Snowy, wintry, and cold! I'm sitting here enjoying a lingering pot of coffee and a respite from the daily routine. Buster's purring from his spot on my lap. "Fill me up" is playing on my iTunes. The fire is crackling in my little fireplace and I'm watching "Hitch." Boy, I love snow days.I'm also reading the book entitled The Birth Order by Dr. Kevin Leman. It's fascinating. Now I know why I'm a crazy only child:-)
This is also providing much time for cleaning and introspection.
I've been doing a lot of the latter this semester. Part of the counseling program at Denver Seminary stresses the importance of dealing with your own issues first before attempting to counsel others. It's not as easy cleaning house as I thought it would be. Turning 25 last week, though, has encouraged me to dive in and enjoy a brilliant new year of life. Who knows what it will bring, afterall? You see, for the past few weeks I've been debating whether or not I should return to VA for grad. school. I've decided to make this semester my first and last at Denver Seminary. As much as I enjoy counseling, I'm too empathic for my own good. I just can't set boundaries well and end up crying more at clients' stories than they do. Go figure.
So, I've decided to pursue my teaching credentials and master's of education. I spent time praying each and every day for two weeks asking the Lord to move me. It was quite the experience, really, for it was the first time (sadly) I've ever really surrendered completely to God. I told Him that I wasn't budging until He moved me. And so He did. I found out that I'm no longer a Virginia resident (duh, Joy) and therefore the decision was made for me... I'm staying in Colorado. As such, I've now looked into Denver University which has an excellent education program that starts in August. Woohoo. Now the search for a job begins... come January I need full-time work. It'll be a relief to receive a bigger paycheck than the counseling center...At any rate, as I look forward to my 25th year on this earth I can't help but desire to do better. Better at being independent, more mature, and maybe just maybe I'll find that career I've been searching for these past three years. I want to spend more time laughing and less time worrying. I want to spend more time with Andy and friends - enjoying the present moments of life - instead of ruminating about the future. I want to sing and write more. I want to get better at guitar. I want to learn a ton. Second quarter of a century... bring it on.



1 comment:
"I'll stand by you" always!!!!!!
Post a Comment