Take a gander at some of these INCREDIBLE photos of Cambridge, England. I studied abroad here the summer of 2001 and remember all too well these familiar scenes. There is something truly magical about England that I cannot describe... Enjoy!
Different angles of King's College (above and to the right) King's College houses the infamous King's College Choir, an all-male choir of the most gorgeous boy sopranos I have ever heard. The first day we arrived in Cambridge, we rushed across town to make it in time to hear the choir practice that afternoon. What an incredible experience!

The Mathematical Bridge (to the left) was famous for its brilliant architecture that never once used any kind of nail, bolt, screw, or anythingbut mathematic placement to hold it together. (Some idiot tried taking it apart to learn its trick and couldn't get it back together so now it is
fastened with large bolts. Sad day!)
St. John's College above showcases a copy of the Bridge of Sighs on the right. It is replicated from the Venetian original which connects the prison to the interrogation rooms. Majestic architecture.
Under this tree I saw a production of "The Taming of the Shrew" by the Cambridge Shakespeare Company. It was during their annual summer Shakespeare festival and they travel around to the different college courtyards within Cambridge University. Can I go back now?



1 comment:
That's something I didn't know about you. My family and I went to Cambridge way back in 1986 for two weeks. We toured many colleges including King's, St. John's, and even Eton College (in Eton) while my father walked across the green to work. At the time my favorite movie was Chariots of Fire and I was able to go to many of the places that it was filmed,including the race around the quad at Eton. I still remember that trip pretty well, considering I was 11 at the time. Melissa would have been about 6 so I don't think she remembers as much. King's College was my favorite and I remember watching people play cricket on the Cambridge green.
Post a Comment